Sunday, March 21, 2010

Who Turned All the Lights Off ?

This is not a grizzling post , This is not a grizzling post, this is not a ....

I can hear crickets chirping in Blog Land today. Normally I get up on a Sunday and spend hours reading posts about what all my favourite quilty and crafty people got up to on Saturday. The time difference thingy is pretty cool in that respect. Often you’re all sitting down to dinner on Saturday as I’m getting up on Sunday morning. Call me Future Girl.

But today, not much ... almost nada..zip...nothing. Two of you posted overnight- usually I get up to a plethora of posts which  means I can sit in peace for an hour or two looking at all your awesome crafty-ness and avoiding my own crafty-mess. (That was not a typo)

And then I realise it is International Quilting Day , and I’m missing out on all the fun and that’s probably where everyone is . Quilting. Having Fun. Making cool and beautiful quilts. And that yesterday, which was IQD here , I celebrated by holding International Sit at the Computer Surfing Blog Land All Day.

I know it’s officially Spring in the Northern Hemisphere. If you people think you’re going to spend the next 6 months out in the garden and enjoying sun and getting active and enjoying the outdoors and picnicking and leaving me high and dry you can think again. I depend on you to keep me amused. If I have to start amusing myself , I’m in deep trouble since I don’t interest myself that much.

That’s all. Now go make a quilt and then come back here and post about it so I can continue to avoid my housework. Thank You. Have a nice day.

12 comments:

Lorraine said...

Have you got your machine back yet??? If not you should think about borrowing one so you can start to amuse yourself..LOL...Haven't checked out there in blogland this morning...have some serious cleaning to do in the house....and a little red and white quilt to finish...hmmm...house cleaning/red and white quilt....house cleaning/red and white quilt....ok....red and white quilt wins.....(seriously...was there ever a contest?)

Marg said...

Yes ma'am!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I could finish one of the quilts I started 14 years ago. One of them is Red and White, too. Ohio Star.

Deb said...

You're quite right, things were a bit quiet on the bloggy front this morning and we are reading them a couple of hours before you even.... what the hell do they think they're playing at?

Sarcastic Quilter said...

sorry sweetie, but with a planned quilty today pushed to a tomorrow, I didn't want to blog.

At least, I didn't think anyone wanted to read about my 1.5 hrs cleaning first thing in the am due to doggie diarrhea and then grocery shopping, airport drop offs, etc. ;) But, tomorrow, well, I am going to start on a fun little project for ME instead of anyone else this time and I'll post photos of my fun fabric. :)

Sarcastic Quilter said...

oh, ps. with some moves on the horizon for me, I won't be out enjoying a garden this year so you can holler at me if I'm not being productive indoors! Your post made me chuckle. We finally had sun today, I was loving it!

Cynthia L. said...

Oh...sorry, I was working in the yard!

I was thinking of you though, does that count for anything? I was also thinking about quilting!

AnnieO said...

In the northern hemisphere another season besides spring has started...it is called BASEBALL and all the moms with boys are spending their Saturdays slogging helmets on kids between innings and running to the snack bar...

I managed to visit two quilt stores today but haven't made a stitch yet--but there are still a few hours of National Quilting Day left. Off I go now!

Shevvy said...

It may suppose to be spring but in London it just rained and rained and rained all day.

The only thing that grows in my garden apart from weeds and then some more weeds are my daffodils and they still haven't come out.

The buds are on now but they are stubbornly holding them closed. Its not spring till the daffs are out and nodding their heads to say hello.

Shay said...

"what the hell do they think they're playing at?" Exactly Deb! (I have to say the unexpcted nature of this post cracked me up.

Loz I hope the quilting won out.

Chicken, we want pictures. You could finish it and give it to a friend as a gift, although I hear it's a federal offence to give a red and white quilt to anyone in America. What to do ? What to do?

Beck, I always want to read about your airport runs, your dog poopie problem, shopping for cheeze whizz etc etc. That's just the kind of friend I am. Hope you enjoy your quilting day tomorrow? Or is today already?

Multi tasking Cynthia! Darn impressive. Rubbing my nose in your Spring in the same sentence. Priceless!

Annie, Hasnt basketball just finished? How many sports are there over there?

Shevvy, Rain ? In London? Are you joking?

Brenda said...

How did you know that I was looking longingly outside in this beautiful spring weather? I was actually holding our (11th) annual sister in law retreat at my house this weekend - I will post soon - after I finish washing sheets, vacuuming up, etc.

TheLab said...

OK, Future Girl, you are just too much! I love it! I've got a LOT of writing to do over the next few days to beat my 16 posts this month. So hopefully I'll be able to bore you to tears at least 6 more times before the end of March.

And don't worry about me and Spring - I'm still stuck in an office all day, so the blogging will continue no matter the season ;)