Wednesday, March 10, 2010

And so I have been reduced to this

Day One of  my exile in no sewing land.

Desperate to at least do SOMETHING that vaguely resembles sewing I decided I could  cut some fabric for my next quilt (the theory being I would then want to sew it so badly I would get out Nanna's sewing machine and give that a try)

So with no sewing machine and no freaking laundry either this is what I've been reduced to.


I wasn't  going to  bother with washing fabric for the first time EVER and then realised there are a lot of reds in that  material. I've never had a quilt bleed after completion , and I'm not about to start now. That would just tip me over the edge.

Off to stare at Nanna's sewing machine now.

P.S. I am also eating cooking chocolate because we havent got any other chocolate  in the house.

7 comments:

TheLab said...

EATING COOKING CHOCOLATE!???!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Wanna know how hungry I am? When I first glanced at the photo, I thought there was beautiful, colorful food in those sinks.

Hope your sewing machine comes home soon!

Anonymous said...

I agree - EATING COOKING CHOCOLATE??? But I guess I've been in that situation before. Sorry to hear about your machine - hope you get it back soon.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

aww, you really are in need of a fix if you've gone through all the chocolate except cooking chocolate!

lw said...

Seems like you could bake the cooking chocolate into something yummy (like brownies) and then eat it. Mmmm...chocolate....

Shay said...

So it's universal that I'm pathetic ?

In my own defence this week I'm hormonal.

Plus I have a cold coming on. I'm not usually a sugar person.

I know- I sound like I'm in complete denial.

Mistea said...

Hey PJ I'm with you - I eat the cooking chocolate when there is no other choices. I did wonder whether that was food in the sinks, I was thinking something with cabbage and beetroot maybe.
Hope your machine makes a speedy recovery.

Shay said...

I sufficiently embarrassed myself with this post to make sure real chocolate was included on my shopping list today.

Lots of it.