Sunday, November 08, 2009

My Creative Space - A piece of heaven

I was going to give you a running saga of my sewing room woes but whatever I wrote sounded like I was having a Fairy Bread Pity Party.

The abridged version of my sorry tale is that I've  had a sewing room  from time to time but usually I get to enjoy it for 4-5 weeks before a relative of some sort needs to come and stay with us.  They say it's "for a few weeks" but they really mean forever.  

I have actually moved the stuff in and out of and changed the locale of my sewing room about 5 times in the last 18 months.  At the moment I'm in our guest bedroom , which is going to get really interesting when relatives come to stay at Christmas because a bit like the Princess and the Pea they're going to have to sleep on mounds of fabric.

Anyway , I had to do a re-shuffle of furniture yesterday due to the needs of our latest house guests (Yes Virginia it is possible to fit 43 square  metres of furniture into a 20 square  metre space ) and managed to get everything re-sorted and I'm feeling quite organised. At least I got to see how much stuff I have. I clearly have fabric hoarding  issues.





I'm off to the quilting and crafting show today. Wonder where I'm going to fit all the new fabric I'm likely to bring home?

No comments: