Sunday, March 06, 2011

Wanted: Mojo

I am so behind on responding to emails/comments I am never going to catch up. Will everyone who has emailed me or commented on my posts since about Wednesday please forgive me if I don't respond individually like I normally try to do. I ended up working about 130  hours this past week (not bad for a girl who is supposed to work 33 ) and by Friday I was talking in grunts and sign language. I was also incapable of recalling my own name. Frankly I think I did well to keep up with comments on your posts although I suspect my comments weren't as scintillating as usual. The bad news is it's not going to get any better since it looks like I will be going back to work fulltime in the next couple of weeks for the foreseeable future. This would be because Mr. P has been out of work again for about 5 weeks and someone needs to bring home the bacon. (There ..I said it ...out loud ...without making it sound like  my life is  a bad country and western song )

As a result of the aforementioned work craziness an almost complete lack of crafting occurred this week. If you've come looking for creativity this Sunday you're about to be sorely disappointed.

I finished the Snowball Quilt except for the borders which I intended to do this afternoon but I fell asleep for 3 hours instead. By the time I woke up at 7.30pm any remaining shreds of creativity had completely fled. We may see a finish next week.

My poor Dresden's remained completely neglected. That would be because I'm not sure where they actually are in the mess that is my sewing room.

I  did start something new yesterday which will hopefully be finished in the next week or so. I need something fast to finish at the moment.

 

The mail this week was very exciting. Little Miss Sunshine was having a de-stash and I was the beneficiary of her clean out. See the babushkas? I love Babushkas. The fish is for a quilt I'll be making for Little P later in the year . The jelly roll strips will be made into something gorgeous at some stage. I'll wait for inspiration to strike.  


And the delightful Amanda sent me these which I will be hanging in my sewing room. One will be going on my rear view mirror in the car because they're 100 times nicer than fluffy dice. Thank you Amanda-they're so cute!



And I've decided that along with Becks Paper Piecing Quiltalong which starts this month , the PhD challenge (two down and two to go ) , my Dresden Quilt , and the two other quilts I have sitting here unfinished at the moment I want to add something else to the mix so I've just ordered this pattern and I'll be doing this at some point soon.  Because I don't have enough pressure in my life. But isn't this gorgeous? The more I see of Sandy Klop's fabrics and designs the more I love them.


I hope you have a craftilicious week.


23 comments:

Donnie said...

You sure cram a lot of living into those hours. Loved all the things you received and I'm not upset if you can't visit back. Life happens so enjoy it.

Three Birds Inspired said...

Ohhh - Lilly & Will quilting in pieces? Must see more!!

Kirsten said...

Wow wonderwoman...how do you even manage to be crafty at all?? I didn´t do anything - wrong - I worked and worked and bought some fabric and cut fabric for a skirt...that´s it..hang in there..things can only get better

Sara said...

Eep, I hated having to do 38 hours this week.

I've got a lot of projects like your dresdens. They're unfinished... somewhere. Or they might have been finished by magical crafting fairies - I wouldn't know because I haven't seen them in so long.

Here's to hoping the magical crafting fairies pay you a visit.

Kate said...

Mojo may not be the only thing you need, though I promise I'll send you mine when I go to bed tonight. The occassional vitamin plus regular doses of dark chocolate may also be necessary.

At least the mail is still being good to you. Cool stuff!

Amy said...

I know what ya mean, my husband was laid off for a short time, and my daughter and I did some turn arounds/construction... with 84 hours of standing in the cold. it will get better,rest when ya can.. and no hurry to come visit me back,I will pop in to see if ur ok.

Anonymous said...

And yet, you found time to communicate with your bloggy friends...you are so much more efficient than I am. I bow to your superior skills!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I hope you get some sleep in there somewhere too. Because you need to take care of yourself if you want to be able to keep going. I have been there and done that.

Tracy said...

Shay,
You have a great deal going on right now..my suggestion is to take it one day at a time and get to it when you get to it. As far as reading and commenting on blogs; we've all been there so rather than thinking you're going to go back and read ALL, just start fromt he here and now and begin with people who have visited and leave the rest until you have time.
But most important is you and your family and your mental health...take good care of yourself and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts...

Quiet Quilter said...

E-Gads! 130 working hrs/1 week = over 18 hrs a day....E-Gads!

And you are posting how you wish you had time to answer all the comments! No wonder you slept 3 hrs one afternoon!

again...as stated in "The Music Man" (I just reminded myself of that) ---E-Gads!

Kris said...

Don't worry about replying to stuff Shay. We are all a really nice bunch of grownups who get that life sometimes takes over. I'm so glad that sleep overtook you and you got a 3 hour nap. When you nap long like that it's proof that you are really tired! Love all your stuff, especially your Amanda originals. (Mine cheered me up no end) Hope you have a good week and that Mr P magically becomes gainfully employed. (Seems like he's having a hard patch. Lots of people are at the moment. He might just need some magic!)

seabreezequilts said...

I think working full time would send me completely over the edge. My hours have increased and I have been surprised by the amount of time it has taken to get use to it, even though all I do is sit on my bum and do office work. Don't stress about answering comments sometimes life kind of takes over we will still be here when things get a bit less manic.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Wow that is a lot of work, I wouldn't be able to see straight let alone do anything creative after that!

Love the look of your new quilt pattern, now you just have to go shopping for the material :-)

Paulette said...

Sorry about the overwork. I hate when that happens. I have no doubt your mojo will come running home to mama real soon. Nice mail!

thea said...

If I had mojo, I would certainly send it your way.
Don't be too hard on yourself.
I hope the work eases up at least a little.
thanks.

Marg said...

I'd gladly send you my mojo if I could find mine.
You have been working so hard and you still had time to start on the Lily and Will quilt which by the way, we need to see more photo of this.
I love your new pattern, that is going to look fabulous. I love her designs and fabrics too. You did a fabulous job on Little P's quilt.
Hope you had a lovely day today and you'll be nice and refreshed for work this week.

Mistea said...

Well seems you really do put in the hours at the real job. I haven't done those kind of hours in years and can't say I miss a minute of it.

Hope there are some little creative spaces for all those lovely projects on your list.

Great mail - Love your flying hearts and the pretty fabric.

Kirsten's Cooking said...

Love the babushka fabric - wonder where Marg found that?

I hope that now you're working full-time that you'll still take a little down-time for yourself. You need it. We don't want you to get da whoopy cough again!

please take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Shea,
This too shall pass. A mantra that has helped me survive for many decades. Just put one foot in front of the other and get on with the day. Save your energies for a little "me time" which should NOT include responding to comments to your blog. We know your intentions are good but we want you to spend whatever time you have working on your quilts and other treasures that bring you pleasure.
Hang in there!
Helen (Nanci's PT)

Vesuviusmama said...

Ah, a partner in "my work life is a crazy mess". I feel your pain. At least you got some pretties in the mail to keep your spirits up. And a nap. That's why I don't nap. I can't nap for 30 minutes. I wake up the next day. Complete time suck. Sorry I haven't visited lately. I've been reading an average of about, oh, let's say THREE blog entries a week. I'm so far behind. But I'll catch up, I promise. Just not today. I need a nap. (until the AM)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about responding to me, Mrs. P. I know how it is. Hang in there! Sending hugs your way.

melissa said...

Hope things return to normal soon , i know you always respond to each and every email and i love your replies but i dont expect you to and most others wouldnt either. So, let yourself off the hook !!!


I love your new quilt pattern! Like Really ! Ive had my eye on that too so if you make it first and then you can let me know what its like!


Have a great week Shay! x

Elizabeth said...

Wow. That's a really fabulous pattern! Love it! You are truly amazing. And those babushkas are darling!

Sorry about your hours at work going up. That is the pits. As we speak, I should be getting ready for work so I can get there a bit early (read on time) so I don't have to be there all afternoon. Sigh. It seems as though you and I both have the same reaction to increased pressure in our lives -- add more quilting projects. I think we're trying to stay in control of the pressure by doing as much of what we want as we can possibly squeeze in, in protest to the things we have to do but don't want to.

Hang in there. It can only get better, right?

xo -E