Saturday, March 19, 2011

Friday Night Sew In



I was full of good intentions last night for FNSI. I attempted my first ever zip repair and gave up after 10 minutes of struggling. I thought about making a public appeal to you all saying I would  gladly post the cargo  pants to anyone who wanted to fix them for me. Eventually I super glued the zip back in because posting someone pants sounded just plain weird.

I started with dinner...an Australian delicacy ...Vegemite on foccacia.



Thus fortified with Vitamin B and large amounts of salt  my night of fabulous sewing began!

First item on the agenda was the binding for Little P's quilt. Done in record time.


Then I ate some chips....checked the Internet ...and checked some blogs. I like to keep on top of what you're all up to at all times.


And then I  made 3 more carrots for the Easter Bunny.


Then I ate some chocolate..... and checked some blogs , and sent some email and read some email and surfed the Internet and ate some chicken.

And realised I had worked my way down to the trickiest bit on my list ...working out how to make 60 inches of backing fabric work for a 70 inch front. I ignored it last week and decided to ignore it again last night. I am so not good at maths. And the idea of making the centre circles for the Dresden's was utterly unappealing at 10pm last night so I mooted that idea too.

I ate some more chocolate and had a cup of tea. And got up from the computer again when it was time for bed.

To check out people who actually achieved greatness, pop on over to Handmade by Heidi  for a full FNSI report...



PS. In my own defence I achieved semi greatness today and it was still Friday somewhere in the world. More about that tomorrow.

18 comments:

melissa said...

Well, i cant wait to hear about your stories of greatness tomorrow! Thats ok you cant be brilliantly crafty ALL the time! i love the binding, you cant beat stripes!

Marg said...

Vegemite!!!!!
Love the binding, I agree with Melissa, stripey binding is the best!
Love your carrots, so very very cute.
Looking forward to hearing about your greatness tomorrow.
That makes two of us that didn't get an awful lot done last night.

Tracy said...

Well, Shay, the best laid intentions about the zipper. Truthfully, I've been there; a perfectly good jacket ruined because of the zipper--well, I can do that! I can sew! after hours of attempts; CRAP!! just chuck the da-- thing!
I love the carrots...so cool! I can't wait until tomorrow's ventures make the post...

Nana B said...

Too funny about the pants. I, too, hate replacing zippers - DH's favorite vest is tucked away, out of his sight, with the replacement zipper :^)

Sara said...

I sewed some felt chocolates for my craft time on friday. Then I went for some adventures :)

Tracy, those adventures are pretty epic.

Anonymous said...

I love those carrots. I would have eaten those instead of the vegemite. Or chicken:-( Are they hard to make?

Sarcastic Quilter said...

I think you accomplished quite a bit. Blog reading is a very important part of sewing related activities.

Lis Harwood said...

You sure had fun and I think you got through more chocolate than me!

Impera Magna said...

What darling carrots! I love them... sounds like you had a lot of fun last night...

thea said...

You did a lot for not doing anything. The carrots, the binding. I would consider the binding alone to be a success. And you are giving at least one person a job by eating all the chocolate. Looking forward to tomorrow's post.

Elizabeth said...

Ha, ha! Hope the superglue holds!

LOVE that stripey binding for Little P's quilt. LOVE it! Like a lot!

And those carrots are SO DARN CUTE!

Foccacia with vegemite? *Shakes head and walks away.*

xo -El

Terri said...

Love your blog! I do want to offer some help, though. Piece the backing... lots of us do it, and there are lots of ways, Just Do It. The back is the back. The artwork is done on the front. Add a few blocks to the backing fabric, or make a few stripes, or just add some fabric leftover from the front to the back. Don't let the back hold you back.

Kirsten said...

For me the carrots themselves would have taken an evening to do. So you did achieve greatness...just like always!! Cannot wait to see the binding ON the quilt.

Kate said...

The striped binding is going to be so cute on Little P's quilt! Very pretty carrots too, they look way better than the ones you eat.

The easiest way to get to 70 from 60 is to add borders. 1st set would be 5.5 x 60.5, then the second set would be 5.5 X 70.5. If I'm doing something more complicated I sketch it out then make sure everything adds up. If you want a cross check, I'd be happy to check your math, so email me. (I'm married to a math major and I frequently ask him to check my math to be sure it's right before I cut. He does need a diagram though).

Mistea said...

I didn't see carrots on the menu any where - they look super yummy though.

AnnieO said...

Cute carrots and a binding! Sounds like sewing occurred so I'd call it a success. And chocolate cancelled out the vegemite. I think that's how it works.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Chocolate, blogging and a touch of craft....sounds like my Friday night :-)

Brenda said...

Haahahhahahahaha.