Wednesday, November 09, 2011

The 15 minute Challenge with Kate

Holidays and a lack of crafting generally have meant I've been absent from Kate's challenge for a couple of weeks. I could have linked up but you would have been  reading a post titled "15 minute challenge with Kate" that was completely blank.  

I haven't been feeling the quilty love lately, however this Friday has been set aside as "Major Quilting Day" so I can make some progress on all of the projects sitting here poking their tongues out at me and whispering "There's no way you're going to finish us by the end of the year". Bastards- I hate it when craft taunts me.

Two quilts made their way to the professional quilter this week so I'm counting that as progress simply because I had to touch them to put them in the car. That's how desperate things are. But while quilts haven't been on the agenda, a number of other little  projects have been completed. Sometimes I have the attention span of a gold fish so fast and easy is good. 


4 paper pieced hexagon flowers - done!


I made myself a new case for my sunglasses using the cut up an old tape measure method for the closure at the top. Thanks Annie for the heads up on this- it's brilliant and I didn't poke my own eyeball out with sharp tape measure pieces in the process. Always a bonus.


The love of my life (my Ipad) got a cover.


I made making travel tissue holders. Thanks Erin. They are easy.


I got around to changing the cruddy old quilting blocks that I had in these frames to things that reflect my current loves. 



And I downloaded and printed every cute thank you card and Christmas gift tag available for free on the internet. Thank you various designers and creative people for making these available to people like me that cant design their own cute cards.


I think my period of  craftitis absentitis had officially ended. 

I wanted to send a shout out to the glorious Char at Cloth Stitched  who sent me a squishy parcel last week containing these beautiful goodies-just because she is amazing and while I had 8 million metres of the blue fabric in that design I didn't have a skerrick of pink. I really do have amazing blog friends. Thankyou!


To see more amazing people and marvel at their creative work pop on over to Kate's to oooh and ahhh.

18 comments:

thea said...

Wow! You sure get a lot accomplished on an off week. I'm taking Thursday and Friday off, so maybe you can send me some quilting mojo since we'll kind of be doing it at the same time .. maybe for a couple of hours on my Thursday afternoon ..

seabreezequilts said...

I purchased a new basket for all my paper piecing yesterday I have bits of it everywhere and it pile is growing by the minute so now it is all in one basket that I can pick up and take. Of course taking a quilt to the quilter is part of the challenge. But it looks like you did lots anyway. Bring on the sewing mojo. I have just decided what the girls are going to get for Xmas this year so I had better get on with it. So I think my next few weeks are going to be fine challenge wise.

Marg said...

You are an over achiever! At the moment with my lack of mojo I'd be happy to get that amount of sewing done in a month, heck, even a year!
I hope your new love is happy in his new home.
Wow your sunglasses case looks so sunshiny and cheerful.
Loving the hand piecing, looking forward to seeing more happy hexies.

Kristie said...

That is huge amount of awesomeness, my friend! Love it all- the hexie flowers, the framed goodies (love the frames, too), the tissue holders, etc. Makes me want to engage my sewing mojo! So many crafts taunting me as well....

Char said...

Thank you for the shout out.
I like the eye glass case and the IPad cover, I thought I was the only person who still had Picnic Parade fabric.
The frames are beautiful and look great holding the things you love.

Lorraine said...

not bad for someone with no mojo young lady!! I have been stitching away madly (conjure up pic of me on couch with needles and threads flying everywhere!) on my SSCS..apart from that not much going on (stitching wise) in my world.

Pat said...

Great week!

Paulette said...

Love your hexie flowers, especially the polka dot and the red ones. You got a lot of crafting accomplished, girl! And what a cute idea to put selvages and your dolls (I have no idea how to spell matr...whatever) in frames. Happy quilting on Friday. You'll teach those bastards to keep their naysaying thoughts to themselves!

Kate said...

That's a whole lot of little things you got done! And two quilts are going to be done, soon.

Kate said...

Wow you have been busy! I love what you framed, very cute. Pretty hexies, gorgeous glass case and Ipad cover. You definitely have your mojo back.

melissa said...

Love the frames! such a sweet idea -( might have to steal that ) and looks like you have had a productive week - love the sunglasses case, and ipad cover and tissue holders - Youre on fire Shay!

x

AnnieO said...

My comment went into cyberspace, but here's a recap: love the hexies, good on you for getting to the quilter's, the new sunglasses case and ipad cover are fab, LOVE the framed selvages and dolls, and congrats on getting some crafty printing done! Whew....

Canadian Abroad said...

Stop! You are making the rest of us look bad!

Baa-Me Kniits said...

That IS a cool idea for the sunglasses case, thanks for the heads up! Love the little hexies too :-) PS Billy asked if hubby was still talking to you after I told him you took your ipad to bed?? He said he must be very tolerant or like us and you sleep in separate beds as I get to play on my iphone into the wee hours of the morning if I can't sleep. Billy snores like a freight train and has sleep apnea so we have always had separate bedrooms even when we were dating...lack of sleep makes me very ugly!!

Kirsten's Cooking said...

You are so clever.....how hard was the iPad case? I also saw some really cute pillows (on pinterest) that were made from sweaters. See, you're going to make me crafty yet!
I had no idea that there was such thing as a professional quilter.
Thanks for the inspiration...if I decide to use my mom's sewing machine, I'll report in.

Cindy said...

Shay...whether you know it or not...you're such an inspiration with all that you accomplish! And I'm so glad you didn't poke your eyeball out with the measuring tape. Whew.... :o)

Rachaeldaisy said...

Enjoy your big Friday Sewing Day! I love your frames with fabrics in them. Those tissue holders would make the perfect gifts, I might check them out. Lovely soft package of Denyse spots. I've heard Spotligjt is getting another DS range but I haven't seen it in the stores yet. Not that I need any more fabric!

Elizabeth said...

I KNOW I read this post when you first posted it. I'm not sure why I didn't comment, though, because your hexies are like 42 kinds of awesome, those traveling tissue holders are CUTE and I love your iPad case.

It is amazing what you can get done a little at a time.

xo -E