Friday, September 24, 2010

Favourite Things Friday

Time for Favourite Things Friday. I love looking at your FTF posts and really appreciate everyone who takes the time to post. If you've been lurking wondering whether to post or not, jump right in. So,if you'd like to show off your Favourite Things feel free to link up at the bottom of this post and be sure to try and visit the other people who linked to have a peek at their favourite things.

I have a confession to make. I am in love with a small red dude. Mr. P knows and it's all OK.



Yes. I'm a tad Elmo obsessed. Elmo makes me happy.

For my 40th birthday Mr. P bought me TMX Elmo.  Elmo lives in the sewing room and quite often helps out with my quilting projects. He was telling me here I needed to unpick a wonky quilting line.

I  have Elmo pyjamas.


Small Elmo talks when you press his tummy. This is one of Little P's favourites.

Big Elmo has a lot to say too.


But the piece de Resistance of my Elmo love are these booties SAJ (of burning down the kitchen fame  and my best friend ) me back from the UK for my birthday recently. Have you ever seen anything so cute?  Does she know me well? This was the perfect present. Thanks SAJ - you rock baby!



So now you know  my dirty little secret. I'm an elmo-phile.

What are your Favourite Things this week?



14 comments:

seabreezequilts said...

I know I am slack but I haven't thought up a favourite thing... well I have but I have changed my mind. I remember doing the shopping hunt for the tickle me elmo when my son was 1.

Larri said...

I can't believe the girl in the States is the first to post after you! LOL Technically, it's still Thursday for me; however, Friday's going to be busy and I wanted to party with you. :o)

I love the Elmo, but I gotta tell you...his voice drives me crazy! All my kids had stuffed Elmo's at one point, and all the Elmo's were chatterboxes. LOL He's a great favourite thing. Happy Friday!

Larri at Seams Inspired

Helsie said...

I think all of those Sesame Street characters were magical and they have all stood the test of time too. Personally I love Bert and Ernie
Cheers
Helen

Michelle said...

It's so cool that Elmo makes you happy. What can be better than that? I'm not an Elmo-phile, but I must admit those boots are pretty darn cute!

Kirsten's Cooking said...

I, too and jumping the gun - but I feel like we're on your rules and your time for FTF! not really, but I'm going to be stuck in my little kitchen all day tomorrow - with temps around 90....yuck!
love the new boots :)

Paulette said...

I would have never pegged you for an Elmo fan, but that's cool. He's a happy little guy, and glad he makes you feel good too!

I think I'm going to have to pass on Favourite Things Friday this week. I'm thinking of a lot of things I could do, but just don't have the wherewithal to put a post together. Catch you again next week, hopefully.

Lisa said...

Fun to learn more about you, and sorry I haven't been blogging/commenting much lately! There is just way too much to do getting ready to move, maybe when we're all unpacked down there I can set aside a certain time of day to blog/check blogs/comment away. Or maybe actually hace time to sew again.... I can't wait!!!

AnnieO said...

I love Elmo too! But I am not a fan of talking/moving toys so I only have a very small Elmo. Not quite sure where he is right now...the kids used to steal him from me so I often had to hide him! The slippers are hilarious. Glad you love them!

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Elmo is so cute how could you not like him!! I have to admit his voice gets to me tho :-)

Anonymous said...

Please don't hate me. The first time I saw Elmo he was going on about having new shoes. 20 minutes of "Elmo got new shoes." If he hadn't been on TV, I'd have popped his little red head right off his little red body.

I was always a fan of Grover.

Elizabeth said...

I think it is pretty cool that both of us posted about crushes we have on fictional characters and our husbands' responses to that. I didn't even peek at your post before I wrote mine. We're totally kindred spirits.

xo -El

(Yea, I decided to go with El, but E still works too.)

She Uses Her Words said...

Hi, This is my first link to Favorite Friday so (fingers crossed) I'm hoping I did it right. Peggy suggested that I hook up my With Love From Donovan post. There is part 1 and part 2 so be sure to see both. Very special.
xo, Karen

Vesuviusmama said...

Freak!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

sorry for the double link for Karen's post. I was trying to help her join the link party and didn't realize she had linked up already.