Saturday, May 15, 2010

"Stuff I'm loving" Saturday

As I wander around blog land and the Internet I see so many wonderful things to make, great ideas and inspiration. Some people are so clever. I'm not talking about the perfect house/life  people. I'm talking about real every day people.  I bookmark a lot of them away for future reference, but I've decided to share some of them with you. Maybe this will become a regular feature of things I found in the past week or two or maybe it wont make it beyond this one post but this week I've been totally inspired by heaps of really cool things and wanted to share.

Marg's Ricotta and Spinach Cannelloni- I'm not a big fan of Cannelloni .  I made it once 20 years ago and vowed never to make it again. Thank Goodness I didn't listen to myself.  What I loved so much about this is that it's meatless (and we all know from my failed Meatless Monday experiment how much I love meatless meals-NOT  ) but I  LOVED it and managed to fill the cannelloni tubes without coating myself, the bench and the walls (very much) Definitely a keeper. Snaffle this recipe quick!

Some people are just clever. Lisa D over at Recaptured Charm refinished a cabinet. Yeah I know some of you aren't into furniture restoration/re-purposing. Wander over and have a look at what she did with it and I'm sure you'll be saying "Wow".  I just sat here in complete awe. And while you're there she's having a butterfly  jewellery giveaway.

The most impressive  quilt I saw this week was over at Love to Quilt. Quilting Queen's  Chinese Checkers Quilt is just stunning. There is something about multi-coloured bright quilts that just makes my heart sing. Since I failed miserably at maths at school and this involves something called a 60 degree angle, I'll likely never make one of my own , unless I become a quilting genius at some point. Thank Goodness  I can live vicariously through other people's eye candy and creativity.

For those of you with kid-lets, check out this great idea for party favours at Cap Creations.  Little fishes swimming in soap. In a bag ! Just like a fish you buy from the pet store!  Easy, Cheap and Impressive. You can even download the tags for free.

And I'm still really excited about the EQ7 giveaway. The 10 lucky participants have been chosen, and are running contests on their blogs. Many of those contests are now closed but Mary at Mequilter , and Ann at Prairie Primrose Stitches still have active contests. Wander over and comment if you're interested in a chance of winning  a copy of EQ7 for yourself.

I'm off to quilt! Hope your Saturday rocks.

7 comments:

Recaptured Charm said...

Hi Shay
Thank you very much for your kind words about my little repurposing project. I'm really glad you liked it.
Have a terrific weekend.
Lisa

Elizabeth said...

Fun post! I loved seeing places you like to visit. Thanks for the heads-up on the EQ7 giveaways still going. Hope you're having a lovely weekend. Cheers! -E

P.S. I loved finding my button on your side bar :D!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

I must try the cannelonni. Or maybe I'll just make it into lasagna since I have that pasta and not cannelonni. Still, yum!

I can't believe how she redid that cabinet. How do people come up with these things?

Paulette said...

That cabinet and quilt are both awesome!

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Great links to wonderful ideas in Blogland. Isn't that cat box fantastic! and the quilt! and those fishy soaps, better not let my boys see them!!

Lane said...

I'm lovin' it too! Brought the whole family in to see the cat cabinet. Lane

Michelle said...

You were not wrong about the Chinese Checkers quilt. Totally awesome! Thanks for bringing to our attention.