Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Snowball Fight ...err I mean Night



Karen over at Sew Many Ways is hosting a snowball block quilt along .  The idea is you pick one  night a week to  make  snowball blocks  and then post your progress. Before you know it - you'll have enough snowball blocks  for a whole quilt! I'm loving this idea. I've never done a quilt along before and a snowball quilt is on my bucket list so it seemed like serendipity. 

So...I'm choosing Monday as my night to post about my Snowball Block progress because that will give me time to get some done by next Monday.  And I can work this quilt-along around my other projects so it's perfect. Low pressure. Fun. Get a quilt done.  Cheer along other participants. What's not to love?

If you're interested in joining us click the button at the top of my sidebar and come and play! Now I just have to choose some fabrics....

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sigh. You have to stop enabling me. I already have that awesome mystery quilt of yours on my 'fabulous projects I must create' list. And this snowball fight looks interesting. Going to check out the details . . . sigh.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your stories for a while and have come to the conclusion that you do go on a bit-- and you really have been unfair on you BFF. She seems lovelly and you really dont talk about her enough, I am sure she would have lots to say about you -- especailly if you ever tried to shake pepper out of a grinder!! or tried to stop a tram with a noise like a turkey??? cheer up old girl.

Shirley said...

Those quilts are lovely. I have too much on my plate right now but I checked out her blog and am following it now. Thanks for sharing it with me.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Okay, why don't you do a block for you and a block for me each time since I can't join. (hmm, maybe hand quilting? Nah)

as repayment, I'll refrain from sensing along another cake recipe I found you would just have to make. :)

Michelle said...

One day, my WIPs pile is going to be small enough that I can do a quilt-along.....

GaAm said...

I think I'd like to try this. I've ordered some fabric from online (the selection is better than at my local fabric store), but I don't know when it will get here. Soon, I hope.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Ive discovered that I can't see and sew a straight line anymore (dang getting old is a bitch) so count me out :-)