Thursday, May 13, 2010

Slack Tea Thursday -Cluck Cluck

Blogger is playing silly buggers with my photo placement ...Grrrrrrrrrrrr + stamping feet

So today's story is that I worked all week ...run , run, run, rush , rush , rush. Sometimes I feel like a tiny little mouse on a tread mill. Tomorrow is my day off and I'm having some ME time. In fact I want me time to start right now...

By the time I got home from work I was stuffed. Too stuffed to even think about dinner. Miss P decided to stay home and grace me with her presence. I was just feeling like I NEEDED grease. Fortunately I found the internal reserves to get my patootie off the couch to drive five minutes down the road and pay $32.00 bucks for a super variety bucket so I could come home and stuff my face with Miss P ....

I'm almost too ashamed to confess what I had for dinner . Oh who am I kidding? I have no shame. Isn't that what these posts are about?

To make this  taste even better I liberally  dusted it with extra salt. The Colonel simply doesn't put enough on there as part of the secret herbs and spices. Clearly I'm not caring about my artery health today. It doesnt look appealing on the plate does it? (And yes that IS a bite mark out of the chicken wing and the crispy strip - I was starving)








Bucket 'O'Grease...it tasted sooooooooooo good.  But now I feel so dirty. And yes I know it's probably not real chicken. And don't comment and tell me about KFC Chicken Cruelty either. Snopes has debunked that myth. There is no such thing as a beakless and footless specially bred Chicken. And  hey - I used actual crockery  - so that makes this officially food.  Mr. P can have the leftovers when he gets home from Boys Night since I bought enough to feed several people. Except the popcorn chicken- I'm hiding that for tomorrow's lunch. I swear I have to seriously look at my diet. I havent eaten anything green for days. Except for that frog cake I had with my egg sandwich for lunch today. I don't think that counts. It wasn't leafy.

P.S. I would like to point out that last night I had salt and pepper prawns, chicken fried rice  and chicken sweet corn soup at Orientai which is a lovely retstaurant near our house so I don't eat crap all the time. Just on Thursdays. And on other days when I can't be bothered. Usually thats any day that ends in "y".

PPS. It's going to be all of  6 degrees celcius here tonight (42F) Bloody freezing. Can't wait for winter. My electric blanket is already on. And not a word from you little Miss Sunshine Paradise or you might find yourself with unexpected house guests.

14 comments:

Shevvy said...

I know its bad but I love KFC. You've got me all mouthwatery now with wanting some. Hmm, can't be bothered getting dressed though and it takes about 20 mins each way to the nearest drive through...

Sarcastic Quilter said...

KFC is yummy but I only indulge once in a while since frankly it's the skin I like and not so much the chicken underneath so really, I get it to eat fried skin. lol

Shay said...

I'm pretty sure some of that chicken is actually rabbit...I've never seen chickens with rib cages like some of those chickens have.

Brenda said...

I looove the colonol! I hardly ever eat it, cuz the hubby doesn't like it much - he is more of a spicy kind of guy.

Lane said...

I'm so sorry that we've exported this to you. I guess it's we're trying to get everyone to eat as badly as we do instead of learning from healthier habits...like those people that live to be 120. Lane

Michelle said...

Due to diet constraints like pre-diabetes and trying to keep it "pre", I haven't had the Colonel's in years. Thanks for letting me eat vicariously through you. :-)

Threeundertwo said...

Oh great. Now I'm hungry.

Marg said...

I am glad I didn't read this last night as I might just have driven the 25 mins each way to KFC just to have my fix of popcorn chicken.
You are welcome here any time Mrs P, but it's not much warmer here, out on the verandah the thermometer is telling me it is 9 degC at the moment.

Marg said...

PS Aaaah so it's not just me that is having problems with the photos. That makes me feel better.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. P. Murderer.....Murdererrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
I'm having an Australian for breakfast, how do you like that? I think I'm going to have David Thorne. I just found out about David Thorne and I love him. I'll bet he tastes delicious.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

It is not much better up here in the tropics....it is already down to 15 tonight and it is only 7 oclock. Me thinks it is going to be a cold winter!!

Shay said...

lol @ Chicken...I covered myself by alluding to the fact it isnt real chicken.

Knock yaself out eating David Thorne. I bet he's stringy and tough. Kinda like CHICKEN!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. P. Oh. Do Australians not like David Thorne? I wondered. He's very curmudgeony, I suspect. But I secretly sit in my office reading his emails and biting my cheeks to stop from laughing out loud.

Shay said...

He lives here Chicken, in my hometown. I dont know him personally. I loved his spider picture. Classic!