Monday, February 27, 2012

A relaxing weekend

I was given strict instructions this weekend not to post anything incriminating about family members on my blog. That pretty much means I have no photos and nothing much to tell you. I can say that it was a relaxing weekend, in a wonderful location and as a family we really should make an effort to do this more often.

Friday night was heralded by this gorgeous sunset (taken from the balcony of the house we stayed in which was just lovely) 


Saturday morning we were up bright and early to go to the Willunga Farmers market. This was my breakfast at the market along with a very large cup of coffee. There  was  also free taste testing of boutique beer at 9 am which my oldest nephew thought was the best way to wake up ever.


I love going to markets because you can buy things you hardly ever see at the regular shops. 


These spice mixes looked tempting....I'm not averse to a bit of spice 


I've wanted to use preserved lemon in something for just about forever and now I can finally give it a crack. The Jamato sounds interesting too and that Moroccan jam ...yum!

I snuck in some op shopping (even if my Dad did grizzle about having to stop )  I couldn't leave this soup tureen to the mercy of someone who wouldn't love it as much as I did.... 


Other Nephew of Pyjamas (who says I don't mention him often enough in my blog) taught Miss P  how to play chess.


Giving Other Nephew his 5 minutes of fame here ....


It is tradition in our family when we all get together to try and eat as much Mullers Metwurst as possible. This was my effort . I did see one of the boys wandering round with a 4 inch hunk at one point so I couldn't declare myself the winner this weekend. It took us less than 24 hours to completely polish off about a kilo. 


On Saturday night we went for dinner at The Star Of Greece which sits atop a cliff and looks straight out onto the sea. 


The happy couple celebrating 50 years of wedded bliss. Dad jokingly asked Mum for a divorce. At least I think he was joking. 


Miss P , me and Sister of Pyjamas after a few cocktails. It was about 100 degrees so we all look like we're melting. 


Nephew of Pyjamas and The One who always looks gorgeous. (who actually has the same name as Miss Pyjamas which means things get very confusing sometimes when we are all together ) 


It's going to be a busy week.  Dad goes into hospital today for surgery and Little P is  scheduled for surgery on Thursday. Once we're through all that kerfuffle we have another big celebration on Friday. Somewhere in amongst the pressures of the week  I'd like to get some sewing done!

30 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Congrats to your parents!! :o) Mine just celebrated 50 in January. Looks like you've had the BEST time with family to celebrate. And way to go finding the soup tureen. So cute! xo

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful weekend!! Congratulations to your parents. What a great effort! And wishing your family all the best with their surgery. What a big week in your household(s)!!

Suzanne said...

Glad you got to have some vacation time with your family and a 50th is the perfect occasion. Congratulations to your parents.
Will be thinking of you and your family members' surgeries this week.

Kris said...

That soup tureen is wonderful! I pine for soup tureens here. I have always wanted one, even before I had ever made any soup - which is kind of crazy! Fortunately, it turns out I am a genius at making soup. One day I will find a soup tureen at an op shop too and hopefully it will be as lovely as yours!

Great weekend! Sucky surgery! Hope you sew lots!

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Looks like a great weekend. Hope the surgery isn't too major and all goes well :-)

Pokey said...

This looks like a fun get together with a great reason to celebrate, 50 years!! You are from a living legend couple, so happy to see people who can stay together and raise a family without killing someone-each other or the kids. Much congratulations to them!
I do hope the surgeries come out successful. I'll be praying for you all to be together come next Friday.

Kirsten's Cooking said...

yay - I'm so glad you posted pictures! I think you all look simply gorgeous in the "melting" picture!

I'm really happy that you had a relaxing beach weekend - it's like a warm-up for your holiday to Hawaii.

I don't know what that meat is, but it looks totally fabulous!

I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of your family - sorry to hear that there are upcoming surgeries, here's hoping they go well with a quick recovery for all!!

Elizabeth said...

Is that a hundred degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit? Because there's a huge difference, you know.

Regardless you three are gorgeous! I love your hair, btw.

So glad you had a lovely weekend! It was fun to hear about your adventures and the house you stayed in was lovely and the landscape/setting/point of view/location of the restaurant looks amazing.

Sorry about all the surgeries, especially Little P's. Isn't this his second or third? I hope all goes well and that you get some sewing time in.

xo -E

Jennifer said...

Looks as though your family's celebration went off well! Best wishes to the patients.

ThreeOldKeys said...

all my best to those having surgery, and to those watching over them.

thanks for sharing some of your Family Weekend !!!

Cindy said...

Congratulations on your parents 50th! That's wonderful! And good luck with the surgeries. When you all do it...you do it big, don't you? :o) Sending you lots of well wishes!! xoxo

seabreezequilts said...

Looks like a lovely weekend. Congratulations to happy couple. Haven't ever been to the Willunga markets must do it one day, when I organise that retreat with the stitching girls we might fit it in. Wasn't it a stinker weather wise on the weekend. You will note I participated in FTF all on my own this week (didn't finish reading your post until after it was posted). Have a good one and hope all the surgeries go well.

Dee said...

Congratulations to your parents. Mine are up to 55 in May this year but it doesn't really get celebrated as it is also the day before the anniversary of my sisters death (10 years this year). Anyway with Dads PTA who knows if he will remember by then.
The Farmers Market at the Showgrounds is good too. A lovely piece of Honeycomb was only $5. We will be heading back there on our next trip in a fortnight, the bread was fantastic.

Michelle Ridgway said...

A big Congrats to your parents. Love all your pics and you look just 'gorge' in your party finery. Love all your bits & bobs from the market....honeycomb Yum!

Mistea said...

Looks like you made the most of your weekend even in the hot weather (I think that was summer for us!)
Pretty spot, love the cliff top restaurant.
Hope the week goes well for you and there is a little stitching time before the next celebration.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Hello Pyjama family!! How fun to meet you all!! Looks like a fun weekend was had by all!! Beautiful photo of you Shay, all dressed up for a fancy evening.

Dianne Neale said...

Looks like you had a brill weekend, although it's a shame you couldn't show the incriminating bits!
50 years. WOw! They desevre a great celebration.

thea said...

Lovely pictures! Great to hear you had a good weekend. Family trips can be stressful but it looks like y'all had a wonderful time together. Enjoyed the pictures of the rarely posted about nephew and the rest of the family as well. Congrats to your parents! 50 years is quite an accomplishment.

Hope the surgeries go well next week. Are you taking off to tend to the patients?

melissa said...

Congratulations to your Mum and Dad - wow 50 years is pretty awesome! Best wishes to Dad and Little P this week and i hope you get acquainted with your sewing machine!

x

Helsie said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend. Congratulations to your parents.
hope all the surgeries go well.
Cheers

Brenda said...

Looks like lots of fun! Great family pics - nice looking family for sure!

Sara said...

We had a big 40 degree weekend here too: I attended two birthday parties on the one night. It cooled down to the low 20s here today though so I've finally perked up a bit - I'm like celery, I go limp in the heat.

Paulette said...

You sure have a good looking family, yourself included. Your rarely mentioned nephew reminds me of the actor Rhys Ifans, but a younger and (dare I say without sounding pervy?) hotter version.

Good luck all, with the surgeries.

PS - My dad loves tomato jam. He bargained with a neighbor to make him some this past summer.

PPS - That's a lovely tureen. Do you actually use them? Other than to hide your candy stash, I mean?

Anonymous said...

Nice weekend! quality time with family, eating out at the Star of Greece (must get there again one day....)some op-shopping. Hope the surgery(s) go well and the recovery(s) are swift.

Marg said...

Good luck to Little P and FOP' for their respective surgeries.
Sounds like a great weekend. I'm off to check your facebook page to see if there's any incriminating evidence to show.
I can sympathise with you on the heat. In Melbourne it was in the high to very high 30's for three of the days we were there. At least it wasn't humid on those days!

https://quiltingatthecottae.blogspot.com/ said...

wow 50 years with one man! Your mother is a saint.
Speaking of names, in my sweetie's family, there are at least 8 variations of "chuck", it does get crazy confused and I think sometimes people think of inbreeding.
Always fun when it means family and food.

Lorraine said...

yay.....I'm back.......I can be me instead of anonymous...

TheLab said...

A few things - your family is GORGEOUS. (And looks very fun!) I want that breakfast sandwich. BADLY.

But I really want to know, is Little P OK? I'm SO sorry he has to face a surgery, I don't like hearing that. I know it must be REALLY hard for Miss P. Praying all is well, and goes well.

Unknown said...

That breakfast sammich sure looks mighty interesting..and I've always wanted to try honey from the comb, was it amazing??

Larri said...

Looks like you had an amazing time! How'd the celebration for '21' go? And how's your Dad and Little P? Hope their surgeries were successfull with little pain and easy recovery. Thinking of you today. Happy Friday night! ☺