Saturday, August 28, 2010

There Is No Such Thing As An Original Thought- Announcing Favourite Things Friday

When I was unpacking all the kitchen boxes last weekend  I kept finding things I own that I love.  This led to me dancing round the house on Saturday singing " My Favourite Things" ala Julie Andrews from The Sound of Music.  Badly.  Once the neighbourhood dogs had stopped howling and Little P had stopped crying,  I had an epiphany.  Inspiration. I love  the moment when you think ..."I just had a great idea. I wonder if other people will think it's a great idea too?" I raced off to make this lovely blog button, because my idea was so awesomely fabulous I wanted to announce it straight away. Darn right I'm tooting my own horn. It's not often I'm so amazingly original.

Photobucket
                                                  
Anyway,it turns out someone else was amazingly original first and stole my epiphany because  I googled and  someone already does Favourite Things Friday. In fact there are a number of brilliant people who think they're the only ones who do FTF  out there.   Technically since it was an original thought for me does it count as plagiarism? Will I get a cease and desist letter-I think not. I just know that  if Blogland needs one thing - it's another unoriginal theme day with a linky party. You know it does. And I want to do Favourite Things Friday because I have so much cool crap around my house and a head full of favourite things that I'm just busting to share. And I wanna know what your favourite things are too.  Because I'm nosy.

Your favourite things could be things you own, things you find, a place you love, a joke you heard, something you love to eat, a thought, a song, a book, a recipe.   It can be  anything- that's up to you. And that means anyone can join in. That's means you too, lurkers...jump in.

I'll do the first link up next Friday (September 3rd)  which is the first week of Australian Spring, assuming I've learned how to use the linky widget by then. Totally off topic,   I am thrilled at the thought of Spring. It means the sun will be making an appearance in a sky near me soon!  

So here's the deal....if FTF  takes off  I'll finally be famous, and win Australian Blogger of the Year and thank you all in my acceptance speech  and if not- I'll start the bathroom renovation and regale you with daily posts about my progress. Fair enough?

14 comments:

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

FTF sounds wonderful! Count me in!! and.........
STAY AWAY FROM THE BATHROOM!!! just kidding:-)

Larri said...

Do I have to write about Brown Paper Packages Tied Up with Strings? If not, I'll be there! :o) Happy Saturday almost Sunday!

Larri at Seams Inspired

Anonymous said...

Okay, remind me on Slack Thursday or I'll forget. So if it is becoming spring where you are.....oh crap. I might be unpacking my sweaters next Friday. Maybe I can write about that. But they are NOT my favorite things. Flip Flops are my favorite things. I'm going to go hide and have a little cry now.

Kirsten's Cooking said...

this is a much better idea than "tick-off tuesday" :)

I'll link up...already have some ideas!

you're already the best Australian blogger!

Shruti said...

Count me in too... :)

Paulette said...

You know I'll be there!

AnnieO said...

Just promise me you won't wear any quilted clothing when you appear on International TV to accept your Blogger of the Year award. Otherwise, I'm in!

Elizabeth said...

You totally did not plagiarize. And you already have Australian Blogger of the Year in my book. Your button, just by itself, is so completely awesome that it is going to be a complete success. Now, which favorite thing so share first . . .

xo -E

Alisa said...

Wow, I never knew you held such high aspirations. Not sure I'm cool enough to hang with you anymore.
I shall try to join in. Heck, at least it will give me something to blog about once a week.
I still want to see the bathroom though.

Marg said...

Count me in, it sounds great. I agree with AnnieO, promise no quilted clothing on TV, PJ"s are acceptable though.

Michelle said...

I've not run across any other "Favorite Things Friday", so your idea is original to me. :-)

Sounds like fun. I need to put my thinking cap on.

seabreezequilts said...

Yeah I'll join in probably will need to be more organised than I am for my creative space that has me taking a photo in the 10 minutes I have to make kids lunches on a Thursday morning.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Now that sounds like fun, I have to admit to being nosy too :-)

I may have to be a lurker on this one as I already do a Creative Friday....maybe I could add a extra add on in my Friday post just for you? What do you think??

quiltygal said...

I'd love to join in hopefully I'll be somewhere each Friday for the next 6 weeks to blog otherwise it'll be
"sorry I missed it Saturday"
or
"meandering around monday"
or
"I have no idea where I am or what day it is"....well....any day really...