Saturday, April 10, 2010

Food...Glorious Food

I spent some of the day in the kitchen today , which allowed me some time to think and ruminate. Everybody needs a little down time. Getting back to basics. Showing peeps the love by making good things to eat.
I made chicken vegetable soup (from scratch)


A triple lot of curry  in the slow cooker...one for dinner tonight and another two lots for the freezer. Well, that was the plan ...people kept taste testing while it was cooking...so we only have one for the freezer. By the way I grew that mint, and brought it back from the brink of death after our recent heatwave. (If you knew anything about me and gardening and maintaining  green living things you'd be giving me a standing ovation)


And vanilla mocha cupcakes for dessert, several of which didn't make it to see dinner time.  RIP Cupcakes. We appreciate your sacrifice.


7 comments:

Coloradolady said...

Looks good, and I love the cupcakes and the little plate they are sitting on....oh, so cute!

Anonymous said...

So sixish? I'll be there...

Brenda said...

Looks tasty - I do enjoy my cooking too, I should be okay at it now, I've been doing it for 29 years!

Kirsten's Cooking said...

looks so yummy! I'm so happy you're taking pictures of your food, it always sounds exotic and it's great to have a visual-
I'm sure your family appreciated all your hard work!
thanks for sharing with us

Marg said...

Very yummy, now I know I will get some yummy meals when I come to visit, mwah ha ha.

Love the plate that the cupcakes are sitting on.

Shirley said...

Oh wow, everything looks so good. I love home made soup. I'm trying not to look at the desert cause I swear every time I look at one I gain a pound.

Janean said...

that taste testing is tricky! LOL.

all looks great...

never had them, but vanilla mocha cupcakes sound yummy too.

hugs