Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Meatless Monday on A Tuesday

Again, I'm flaunting all the rules by having Monday's dinner on Tuesday . I'm one wild and crazy chick!

I made sure I filled up on meat eating the equivalent of two sheep and a small cow  yesterday since I wont be seeing meaty protein again till Wednesday. That's not cheating ! That's good planning!

Tonight's delectable vegetarian dinner  was a copycat Olive Garden Fettuccini Alfredo. I have to confess we dont have Olive Garden here so I dont know how close this comes to the original. At 52 grams of fat PER SERVE I don't think it's particularly healthy either.

You can get the recipe here and it got lots of good reviews from people who know what Olive Garden Alfredo tastes like.

You will need the following ingredients.



You will also need  a defibrillator on standby when you have a heart attack from immediately clogged arteries, given the fat content of this dish.

It's pretty easy to do. You chuck everything in 2 different pots and stir a lot. I added extra cheese, butter and cream cheese to mine to disguise the taste of the cardboard ....err I mean pasta.



It smelled great cooking, and looked good plated. I had very high hopes.




It's 30 minutes after dinner time and I'm sitting here stuffing my face with mandarin jubes....and I'm already planning a ninja raid on some vegemite on toast in about an hour. Miss Pyjamas will no doubt be joining me. In my own defence I had spaghetti for lunch so maybe I'm just pasta-ed out .

Or I'm just not cut out to be vegetarian. Or maybe I'm just picking shit recipes.

Till next week...This is meatasaurus signing out.

2 comments:

Infarrantly Creative said...

That looks scrumptious. Did you find Oreos? Good thing they are meatless..hahaha

Shay said...

Uhuh ...yes I now have oreos! Im about to write a post about our sorry practically oreo-less state here in Australia.