Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fabulous February

I’ve noticed this month I have had great intentions and a complete lack of follow up! Case in point – Yesterday – I didn’t get out of my pyjamas at all…( I know, kinda gross huh?) I was going to clean the house …I got it half done and then sat on my behind for the rest of the day reading blogs and surfing Ebay. I did cook banana choc chip muffins so I felt partially redeemed, although the people that eat them might feel they’re being punished. Hey it’s the thought that counts….

So I want to make February Fabulous. It’s the last month of summer. I have to go back to work. I need some motivation to beautify my home and focus a bit more on me. I can amuse myself for hours looking at people’s quilts, blogs and stuff on the internet but I just feel I need to be more present in my own life if you know what I mean. To paraphrase Tom Cruise and Anthony Edwards from Top Gun:



”I feel the need- the need to achieve. “

So these are my plans for Fabulous February ….

Furnish in  February - There are lots of half finished or germinating projects around here that will ultimately make our space a better place.  I’m not going to list them all because it’s too embarrassing. Sufficed to say , I have a back patio filled with filing cabinets, old tables, a desk, and lots of other stuff, “I’m gonna get to”. I’m going to pick one this month and finish it. Results at the end of the month, or sooner if it’s finished before.

Frugal February- I blogged recently about the amazing amount of food and supplies we have in this house , so shopping for groceries will be frugal and limited to what we need.  And so will everything else. If we need something I’ll try to think of the cheapest way to get it. No quilting fabric at all this month! (groan)

Found in February – Each week I’m going to post about a blog I’ve found that has inspired me in some way. There are so many !!! I snaffle all my best ideas from other people’s blogs. (and of course always give credit where credit is due)

Finished in February – I have three quilts on the go. One of them needs to be finished by the end of February. It would be great to get two done but I’m not pushing it. I’m a realist.

Fun February - Confession: I’m a stay at home-r. Mr Pyjamas is a social butterfly. This month I’m committing to doing something social at least once every weekend. That will make Mr. Pyjamas happy and take me out of my comfort zone. Change is a good thing.

Fabulously Foxy February - This month I’m going to eat better, get more active and take better care of myself. I’m soooo tired. At first I thought it was Christmas, New Year , hot weather , middle age yada yada yada ….It’s not. I just haven’t been taking care of myself. I don’t want to lose 15 kilos but I would like to look less like death warmed up and more like  a picture of glowing health.

Finding Family February - I think I need to make time to track down some of the elusive ancestors. I tend to get distracted and wander all over the place with my family history and the last 6 months in particular I have been suffering from motivation-itis in the family history department. This month I think I’ll pick three names and just concentrate on those families.

Feel free to make your own Fabulous February list. It would be great to cheer one another along. Check back over the month for my progress and to give me a butt whipping if you think I’m being a slacker.

No comments: