Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year



In 2009 I finished 5 quilts and an extra quilt top among other crafts. Some of these projects turned out exactly the way I had envisaged and some didn't. That's the way the cookie crumbles I guess.

Disasters included the painted canvas for the loungeroom ( ugh -how I hate it- I hate it so much I'm not even going to post a picture of it  ) the small tote I made with disappearing handles and my vintage sheet quilt top which just didnt pan out the way I had thought it would.

I loved the Christmas bauble wreath, and the baby bibs.   Quilt wise my favourites were my string quilt, Sandra's string quilt  and the stacked coin quilt I've just done for my daughter.

I'm starting 2010 with mountains of ideas for new quilts.  I really must stop looking at quilting blogs because just this morning I saw more fabric and a quilt design over at "film in the fridge" that I love. Since I'm climbing over fabric for quilts in my sewing room already , I'll have to put that idea on hold for a bit.

I'm off to do some creating.

No comments: