Friday, March 08, 2013

Favourite Things Friday


I can't believe it's been a week since I last wrote a post! I started one on Tuesday that I haven't finished yet (does that happen to anyone else ?) and before I knew it ...BOOM...Friday had rolled around again. 

I've been looking at my house lately and thinking about updating some of the decor. So last weekend I hit Ikea and Spotlight and a few other places to see if I could find anything that tickled my decor  gene. Judging by the sizeable dent in my bank balance I was massively inspired by pretty much everything I saw. 

This is my lounge room. You'll have to excuse the picture quality . I was using my Ipad. Ipads are great for game playing and surfing the net but not so great for taking pictures and I confess I was too lazy to go find my camera. 



I love the neutral tones in my house.  But for over a year now I've been thinking some pops of colour in this room might not be a bad thing. The dilemma has been which colour should I use? I think I have that sorted out now. 


Pops of turquoise , aqua and blue. 


A new end table for the other side of the sofa.


A new print for the large wall.


Pretty cushions and new pillow forms for the old cushions. (What a difference it makes having cushions that don't resemble pancakes)


A second end table meant I had to buy another lamp. I love lamps. 



And I moved this floor lamp to behind the chair that still needs to be recovered. I'm waiting for that fabric to make an appearance at my post office...


I'm amazed at what a difference just a few sploshes of colour can make to a room. This room is my favourite thing this week. Stay tuned as I work my way through the house. Mr. P is doing a lot of eye rolling as I incessantly talk about art work , mirrors , and more cushions.  

You can link up one of your favourites from this week too. You know the drill!  Write your own post and don't forget to visit anyone else who links up to show off a favourite. 



26 comments:

Karen said...

Totally love your changes! It must be that time of year with need for improvement. I also got a new end table but I am now thinking of lamps...thanks for that :)

Terri said...

Since you did the dining room you have to redo the rest! That's just logical.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so wonderful! I love your lounge room and I love that Paris, Eiffel Tower pic. Yay you! I'm happy for you! :) Looks GREAT!

Jennifer said...

Colour is good.....a wee touch of lime green would go with your blues too.

Katy Cameron said...

So have you hidden the bank/card statement from Mr P? ;o)

I don't leave posts unfinished, my OCD makes me finish them, even at 1am!

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love your pops of colour and your new purchases....very nice. I look forward to seeing more of your new decor. LOVE that chair...can't wait to see what you do with it.

TheLab said...

h my GOSH, you chose the right splashes o color, Mrs. P! That blue is one of my favorite colors and goes with so much. I loved the photo of the antique chair with the gorgeous new pillow. AWESOME!!!

Sooli said...

Very nice, must say I'm impressed with the tidy state of your lounge! My house is a mess which may have something to do with no sewing room so my stuff spreads all over the house like a cancer! That and having 3 men in my house too. We have a new lounge suite on order and I can't wait for it to get here (other than the paying for it bit!). Love your new bits & pieces!

Cindy said...

BEAUTIFUL room, Shay! Will you come decorate my house? Please? I love your pops of color. It should be on the cover of House Beautiful magazine.

Mistea said...

Nice little colour accents to update your space.
Fab favourite.

AnnieO said...

Your neutrals are the perfect backdrop for pops of color--makes everything look newer and cozier. Lamps are hard! I can never really find what I like (in my price range--ahem). Mr. P has no idea how much eye rolling is required for decorating.

thea said...

your lounge looks great. love the color you've added. I especially like the Eiffel tower picture/art.

audrey said...

Love your pops of color! I think my pillows need an update too.:)

Maria said...

Some lovely 'touches' there Shay!

Kate said...

Very nice additions, love those little pops of blue.

Rachel said...

Well, it only makes sense that other rooms must join the remake party...wouldn't want them to feel neglected :-) What you have done looks fabulous. Love the pops of color!

Marg said...

I have a few posts half finished, so, no you are not the only one. Love those pops of colour, you did well my friend, it looks beautiful. Roll on the bathroom reno. Don't forget to hide the credit card statements from Mr P.

Larri said...

Lovely additions to your already lovely lounge. Is this room used for guests-only or is it an every-day room?

Rosie said...

Love what you have complete so far. I especially love the touches of blue.

Rachaeldaisy said...

I would have thought hot pink high lights but now I see it those blues were the right choice. A very stylish lounge room, you're so ready for when Vogue Living coming knocking on your door.

Anonymous said...

Hello to person on this beautiful forum. Moderate ease up on me insert myself. I am professor and i am running this site :
sac ekimleri
Waiting benefit of all these friends.
King Regards

Sue SA said...

"Aqua" I said to the computer, you must have read my mind! How about a aqua quilt???
Wish my lounge room looked this stylish, you are welcome to come and offer decorating tips at my places! Trying to convince DH we need a new lounge suite....that might take me a year or two.

Unknown said...

When the "bones" are good, everything seems to fit doesn't it. I made over our sunroom a couple of years ago and was amazed at the lovely effect of comfort it gave me. You must be hugging yourself with joy!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Great colours for Popping...have fun with the rest of the house...Tuesday to Friday is nothing, um confession time here, I have a draft post that has had its first birthday, really must finish the project that is its subject matter, got slightly ahead of myself there...

Anonymous said...

I confirm. I agree with told all above. We can communicate on this theme.
I better, perhaps, shall keep silent
Yes, really. And I have faced it. Let's discuss this question.
Has come on a forum and has seen this theme. Allow to help you?
It absolutely agree with the previous phrase

[url=http://shenenmaoyiqwe.loveblog.com.br/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyipo.esporteblog.com.br/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://www.homebasedbusinessprogram.com/profiles/blogs/searching-for-handbags][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://www.shenenmaoyiqwe.350.com/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyiqwe.esporteblog.com.br/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]

Paulette said...

Love the pops of color. Turquoise, aqua, blue...oh my, yes. Your inner decor goddess has not led you astray!