Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Sewing Party for Two

So it was back to work for me this week, but I was organised and decided I would sew every night for at least 30 minutes. Life Balance.  I set goals. I dreamed of my own amazingness, and I thought of the gloating type post I could write about my brilliance this weekend as I showed off photographic evidence of my glorious crafty achievements.

Sewing never happened....

Monday I was shattered from going back to work, I dont recall any of Tuesday, Wednesday I had a friend over for dinner, and Thursday I was in the house ON MY OWN, so I slid up and down the halls in my socks and undies ala Tom Cruise in Risky Business , licked the icing off a cake and talked to Marg for three hours on the phone.  

Friday night I was determined to get something done, so   I emailed Marg and suggested we do a sew in for two and email each other pictures of our progress hourly to keep ourselves motivated. And it was FUN!

So little by little, this 


became this...


and then this 


I went to town with my rotary cutter on this


And in the end it all became this...


I'm hoping to keep up the momentum today ...right after I do the housework and washing because we're out of clean underpants and I got chased by a dust bunny the size of a cat in my hallway this morning.

Have a fabulous Friday/Saturday!

12 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm not big on Christmas quilting but I really like this one!!! Perhaps it's the polka dots!! Anyway - it's nice!!

Elizabeth said...

Wow! I'm completely in love with that Christmas quilt! I'm so coming to your house for the holidays. You can plan on me just loafing about in the loungeroom under this quilt watching the tele all day. See, I'm practicing my Aussie words already. I said lounge room and tele instead of living room and T.V.

xo -E

Deb said...

Visions more than I can handle..... Love your quilt, what a clever idea to have a sew in for 2 and email hourly.

Shay said...

Did I overdo the references to undies Deb?

Paulette said...

I love this! It's so merry and bright--just what you're supposed to have at Christmas. I am going to look like I copied you if I make that stacked coins baby quilt I started pulling fabric for today. Well, except for the Christmas theme.

seabreezequilts said...

I had lots of plans for this week that haven't happened. I sat on my fat behind last night and watched 2 movies and didn't lift a finger to sew I think I had just had enough this week of everything, work, sewing, running kids around and what not so I am just having a chill week back to coal face this afternoon when the boys go to the footy..

Michelle said...

I'd say your "quilting for two" was a smashing success! That is going to be one happy quilt. :-)

Marg said...

Thanks Mrs P it was FUN, although I was a wimp and had to go to bed, as I couldn't keep up with you. I need my beauty sleep.
I think you have been referring to undies in just about every post lately, hmmm, interesting! What else can I say?

Mistea said...

That sure is a bright happy Christmas quilt - I'm in love with those polka dots. So you'll be all ready for Christmas this year - Yay.

Anonymous said...

This is really nice, but would rather have seen a photo of Thursday night's somewhat less tame activities. All's we got on Thursday was a picture of a cake even though there was T-shirted sock sliding and frosting licking going on? We could have done sliding/gorging for two, QIMP, and sent each other photos of our progress ever hour.

AnnieO said...

Three hours on the phone? Wow, you do have stamina! Thanks for the recap of your week. Sorta sounds like mine. It was a long week that somehow also passed in a blur. Thank god its over and you ended up with something sewn!

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I'm with the above comment....Thursday nights photos would have been fun ;-)

Nice cheery christmas quilt, I love the polka-dots!