Monday, December 28, 2009

Quilting Inspiration

Since I'm on holidays and I'm drowning in fabric I decided to plan some quilting projects for next year.

I'm pretty new to the quilting world so I'm constantly inspired by the wonderful quilts and ideas of others. It's a good way for me to learn new techniques, and to get excited about new projects. Some people just make it look so easy and inspire confidence  and on line tutorials are a great way to see how things are done.

Here are a few ideas I love and might try in the New Year.

Film Strip Quilt by Crazy Mom Quilts




Zig Zag Quilt by Crazy Mom Quilts. You can find the easy to follow tutorial here



I got some scrap bags sent over from the US and have two Gobble Gobble packs by Sandy Gervais for Moda. This was my introduction to Moda fabrics.  I headed on over to Diva Buzz for some inspiration in the form of this coin quilt. I'm about a third of the way through making my own.




I'm a square quilting kind of girl , and have only just managed to move on to rectangles. I never thought I'd want to try triangles but this amazingly simple tutorial at Cluck.Cluck. Sew. has given me the confidence to want to try this out. How utterly gorgeous is this quilt?



My husband bought me this unfinished vintage shoo fly quilt top for Christmas and I need to come up with an awesome quilting idea to finish it and do it justice. I'm open to ideas.



I'm  planning a couple of Christmas quilts for next year and I love the idea of  Christmas tree shapes for one of them, possibly scrappy trees.  I've  noticed I tend to do two designs of every quilt pattern with variations and then move onto something else.





I love the simplicity of the windmill quilt pattern and will maybe give one of those a try as well.

That's probably enough inspiration for one day. I wonder if my husband will agree to me giving up work so I can concentrate on quilting for the year?

No comments: