Saturday, November 07, 2009

30 Days of Frugal Christmas Gifts- Sew Easy




I made these placemats earlier this year for my friends Natalie and Nerida who were both celebrating birthdays.


They were made from my ever growing fabric stash, and they were a real hit. I made them using the flip and fold technique. Dead easy – straight line sewing. My kind of sewing!

I’m guess-timating here but I think they probably cost me about 10.00 for each set, including batting. You could do a Christmas theme or something that matched your recipients décor as I did. Pretty them up with gorgeous wrapping paper and a handmade gift tag and watch everyone tell you how clever you are.

Too bad I didn’t make myself some while I was at it! I am considering doing some for Christmas lunch which is going to be at my house this year.

No comments: