Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Houston - We Have a House !

So after several weeks of intensive searching and much gnashing of teeth , tears and temper tantrums (that was my Dad, by the way) my parents are signing on the dotted line to buy their new house today. I'm superstitious, so no pictures of the house until the deed is officially done, but we did take time out to crack open a bottle of champagne last night when the agent phoned to say their offer had been accepted.


I'm as thrilled as my parents (if not more so) because with time ticking away until they have to be out of their old house, it was starting to look more and more likely that they might have to move in with us on a more permanent basis. I love the idea of them being 15 minutes away though. Now the job of packing can start in earnest. Thankfully with them three hours away, I get to miss that mess pretty much entirely. 

Mother's Day was all about food....(and spending time with those I love) 


And since Sister of Pyjamas has tagged this picture of me completely makeup-less on Facebook at Mother's Day dinner I may as well share it with you too. It's rare to get a picture of my sister, My Mum and myself all looking at the camera at the same time without one of us looking demented. 


Mother's Day also involved using enforced labour to get my get part of my front garden done....


My Dad is doing his hulk impersonation in that last picture.

And aside from going to work on Monday, I spent some time taunting Little Miss Sunshine on Facebook with my latest Haighs acquisition. Sucks to be somewhere where Haighs doesn't exist doesn't it LMS? 



Things started getting a little weird when I took my chocolates for a walk, got a picture of them kicking back on my miners couch , and snapped them strapped into the car seat in the back of my car so I'll spare you those pictures...



22 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a lovely photo of you Good job getting your garden done well planned on your part! Lol

Elizabeth said...

Oh, congratulations to your parents! How wonderful that they will be so close! I loved the picture of you, your mum and your sister all together. You are three beautiful ladies! Maybe I'm demented, but I think it would have been funny to see a day in the life of your fancy chocolates.

xo -E

Mistea said...

Why are there that many travelling chocolate pictures? Did you get too many?
Fabulous news for the parents.

Kate said...

I don't want to jinx the parents new home thing, so I just say congratulations on getting the offer accepted.

Traveling chocolate photos deserve their own post. Sounds like a topic you could have a lot of fun with.

Sooli said...

Well you got to treat those Haighs chocolates right don't you? They're expensive enough to warrant it!
Lovely photo of your Mum, sister and your good self.
Fingers crossed there are no dramas with the new house.

Lorraine said...

Great news on the house .....we missed you on Saturday though. And I want to see the pic of you taking the choccies for a walk...or you could leave out the choccies and just show you? I know, I know......

thea said...

congrats to the parents .... and how lovely for you that they will be so very close by. Love the picture of the three of you.

I would also be in chocolate envy if I knew what I was missing.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Congrats to your Mum and Dad. It will be lovely to have them so close to you. Nice to get some help with the garden. Lovely photo of the three of you.

audrey said...

You sound very inspired about the chocolate! Great pic of you with your mom and sister.:) Happy days to have them near you but not living with you!

the running hare said...

Love the picture of the three of you together, like peas in a pod!
I don't know anything about Haigh's chocolates, we don't have them here but I'm planning on doing a day's course on making chocolates in London, just because I can now!

Karen said...

Lovely picture! I so wish my folks would sell their house and downsize!

Jennifer said...

What a great picture of the women in your family! Haighs, yummm....we don't have Haighs here either, we are six hours away from them, sadly.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Congratulations on your parents new house!! No wonder you had a big smile on mothers day with that box of Haighs chocolate!! It's a great photo of the 3 of you!

Sue SA said...

You walked the chocolates? Or you walked to get to the chocolates? Yeah gods you have a serious Haighs addiction! I think there is a help line for that?!;)
Like I can talk, I got a Lego house! Glad you got the family to pitch in with the garden, more hands make light work and more time for quilting!! Very impressed the folks found a house so quickly, it took us nine months of looking!

Terri said...

Congrats to your parents... now a house for me.
That's a lovely picture of three strong (and goofy) women who are very happy.
Traveling chocolate? I wouldn't mind seeing that.
Hugs

Cindy said...

YAY to your parents (and you!). That is awesome! I seriously need to get on Facebook more...I totally missed that picture! But I think you all look great. Heck...I'd party with ya. :) And you just HAD to tease with the chocolate.....

Paulette said...

Congratulations to your parents on their house! Clinking a virtual glass of champagne with all of you. What a lovely photo of you three! The joy on your faces is better than any makeup.

Kirsten's Cooking said...

Love, love, love the family pic! You look great - I can't even tell you were makeup free.
No one believes those chocolates lasted long enough to take a road trip. :)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

That's Happy news for everyone. I bet they are especially excited if this is there first house.

Larri said...

Hooray for the house! I'll be gnoshing a piece of chocolate in celebration for them. :)
Your Mother's Day looked as though you had a wonderful family time. And Shay, you are absolutely beautiful. No need for make-up on that pretty face!

Chookyblue...... said...

great news they have a house......does that mean you have to help them unpack if they are going to be close by???

Kristie said...

You look so pretty when you are non-demented ;)