Late to my own linky party this week! I confess I forgot what day it was. That happens when you don't have a point of reference like going to work Monday to Friday.
This week, I've been thinking about what I want to achieve this year. I don't do New Year resolutions. Bitter experience has taught me that if I resolve to eat better, or lose weight or be a better person or whatever - it just doesn't happen. But making some goals for a little direction and to make sure I'm getting the most of out life seems to work much better for me.
The truth is - I bumbled my way through most of 2011 with little or no direction. In fact for the last half of the year I was hanging on by the skin of my teeth and just taking things one day at a time. Most unlike me , I didn't have a grand plan or goals beyond surviving week to week.
But this year I'm feeling ready to conquer the world and so some goals are in order. And then Thea came up with the brilliant plan to list her goals for this year and get people to join in and report back so my favourite thing this week has been making a list of things I want to do. Here it is :
1) Eat out once a month and keep the budget for the year under 300 bucks
2) Do something social at least once a fortnight -if I don't make this goal I'll never leave home
3)Go to the movies at least 6 times this year
4)Watch an entire series of something on DVD
5)Go see a live show/theatre at least 3 times in 2012.
6)Make a quilt using greys
7) At least half the birthday gifts I give have to be handmade or thrifted
8) Make February a frugal month
9) Have two weekends away this year
10) Crack FM quilting
11) Finish 10 quilts this year including 2 quilts using scraps
12)Start knitting a blanket
13)Cook a new main meal recipe once a fortnight
14) Work my way through at least half of one of the baking cookbooks SOP gave me for Christmas
15) Practice taking better photographs
16) Start planning a big holiday
17) Buy 52 individual items worth a buck each -stolen from Thea - I love this idea
18) Buy fruit and vegies from the Farmers Market at least 6 times
19)Teach my Mother in law how to hand piece hexagons
20) Secret goal - to do with quilting but it involves putting myself out there a little more than I have in the past
21) Participate in at least one swap and one quiltalong online
22) Finish my Farmers Wife Quilt by the end of the Year
23) Go to a Basketball Game
24) Attend at least two festivals
25) Let the little things go
26) Practice random acts of kindness
27) Get a professional manicure
28) Have a pamper day with a friend
29) Spend time quilting with my Mum
30) Make fresh bread and foccacia at least a dozen times this year
31) Update the front veranda
32) Reupholster something to give it a new lease of life
I'm sure I'll think of more as the year goes along but I think that's a good start. I just want to be present in my own life a little bit more rather than going with the flow.
Does anyone else have any goals for this year they want to share?