Friday, November 25, 2011

Favourite Things Friday

I'm doing the Happy Dance because it's Friday and I'm hitting the shops with Miss P and Little P today to knock off most of my Christmas shopping. Time is a ticking on the Christmas Countdown clock people!

A special occasion prompted me to put my big girl panties on this week and get out my baking tins. We had a celebration at work and it's not the same if you roll up with a hunk of char grilled beef unless it's a barbecue.

I started with vanilla cupcakes and decided to make them ultra special in celebration of the arrival of a grand daughter for my friend D.


No matter how careful I am I usually end up picking up fairy dust for the rest of the week from places it shouldn't be like the bathroom and in my bed. 


I could have stopped there but where would the fun be in that? These cupcakes have to scream "Look at me , Look at me " 


I just realised my goth/emo nail polish needs a touch up....and that I could stand to lose some weight off my hands. 

Honestly can you ever have enough marshmallows? Especially pink and white ones? 


And for the finishing touch (because there isnt anywhere near enough sugar in this recipe already?) I melted some white chocolate and drizzled that over the marshmallows. Voila. Cupcakes fit for a Princess. 





Instant sugar rush and my favourite thing this week. (We were all pinging off walls for the rest of the afternoon ) 

I've been the lone grandmother at work for over two years. It's been kind of stinky not being able to gush and rave on with someone who understands what it's like to have the smartest , most adorable grandchild in the universe. Welcome to the world Isabel. Your Nanna and I are going to have so much fun swapping Grandma stories!


Time to share your favourite thing for this week. Feel free to link on up and tell us all about it. 

30 comments:

Jennifer said...

If I ate one of those cakes, I would be pinging off the walls all week!

Pokey said...

What a lovely sugary display, hmmm! Good that you have another grammy at work, too (even if yours will still outshine hers!)
:-}pokey

Michelle Ridgway said...

Ohh! Eee! Sorry I missed that celebration. My favourites....cupcakes & marshmallows & chocolate. Like I said Ohhh! Eeee!
Congrats to your friend and it is lovely to swap Nanna tales with and share photos.

Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting said...

WOW that's a lots of sugar! Beautiful cupcakes - perfect for the celebration!
Thanks for hosting!

Marie said...

holy cats! that's a lotta sugar per bite! mighty tasty looking....

Rachaeldaisy said...

Can this be a giveaway? Pick me pick me, I would love one of those amazing mile high marshmallow deluxe yummy sweetie luscious cakes!!

thea said...

Are you sure you had enough sugar? Cupcakes are really big over here right now. Cupcake stores that is. I think homemade ones taste better though.

Nice that there's another gramma at work.

Nice favorite. thanks for all the pictures.

picklesticks said...

They look lovely. I think pink is one of the yummiest flavours.

Marg said...

Yumm, can you send some my way too please.

Leanne said...

Just put on 1/2 kilo looking at those little beauties. Don't you hate seeing your own hands in a photo.

quiltygal said...

Will you make me some in April then :).......book has arrived!!!! do you want to try for a get together soon ? or after Xmas???

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Now they look right up my alley! Delicious! Hooray for any reason to celebrate with a sugar fix :-)

Kay said...

What fabulous cupcakes!

Years ago, when I was still childless, I worked with an older woman who had THE MOST beautiful, talented and fantabulous grandchild in the history of the world. And I swear to God, I still shudder every time I hear the name "Jessica".....

Needless to say, it was not on the shortlist when my daughter was born.

Anonymous said...

YUM!
That is all.
Nope I'll say it again
YUM!

Larri said...

Oh, my. What an ooey-gooey creation! If I have to be on a sugar-high, that's definitely the way I want to do it. ☺

Happy Friday night!

Kate said...

My kiddo would be in heaven with one of those cupcakes. Anything with marshmellows is a favorite thing with her. They do look yummy and gorgeous.

Cindy said...

Okay...that's just down right impressive. I bet they just melt in your mouth. Of course, how I can even look at food today after eating what I did yesterday, is beyond me. I am a total foodaholic. And I finally linked up to your party! :o)

Sara said...

I know you didn't mention them, but I see them on top of the marshmallows, and I just want to say, I love cachous. They're pretty and shiny and it's just a fun word, too.

Unknown said...

Those cupcake look too good!

Dianne Neale said...

Oh my, I can feel the weight piling on just looking at these!

Elizabeth said...

It's been a while since I've been at FTF. I've saved todays up for a month. I'm surprised I remembered after that long.

So, your cupcakes look so amazingly delicious! And I'm so glad you have someone to gush with over grandkids. I have to say that Little P is the cutest Aussie under three I know.

xo -E

AnnieO said...

Those are definitely OTT* cupcakes! Congrats to your work friend on her new Granny status. I like that you chose Bella for your second generation to call you :)

(*over the top)

Michelle said...

What a fun favorite. My blood sugar skyrocketed just looking at those cupcakes. :-)

Oh, and btw, I've been known to favor black polish as well (along with turquoise, various shades of purple...)

Anonymous said...

Sugar rush HEAVEN!!! I would have said 'yes please' at any stage of the process :-). Congrats to your friend and enjoy sharing grandma stories x

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Ooohh, those cupcakes look so good! I bet they were a hit at your party. Have fun swapping grandma stories! :o)

thea said...

forgot to link up .. but I did post in time !!

OzRose said...

OMG! Sugar sugar sugar - how long did it take to come down from the ceiling?

Vesuviusmama said...

Yum! And you know, every photo I see these days let's me know that I need to start being more careful with my diet and exercise - I am getting bigger in front of my very own eyes. It turns out, I may be able to get a treadmill desk at work for the next 6 months. I'm praying that my boss will go for it, because then I can walk all day at work and lose weight while working (and still eat whatever the he'll I want to!).

Paulette said...

I am fascinated that there is an actual sprinkle topping called Fairy Dust. Never heard of it before now. Fun cupcakes!

melissa said...

My teeth are hurting just looking at those cupcakes!

x