The down side of putting my sewing/crafty/quilting goals out there every month is that I feel like an abject failure when I don't cross everything off. Such was the case for January because I failed to finish a couple of things on my list. That one lone hexie that needed to be completed remained undone (!!!) and I didn't finish the Superheroes quilt either. I finished the other 4 things on that list but somehow that seems less important than that which remained undone. Obviously I'm a glass half empty kind of gal.
I've finished the actual quilt top for the Superheroes quilt but I suck at making backs if they aren't two pieces of fabric sewn together and so that's where I got stuck. I really admire those of you who do fancy schmancy backs because often I just can't be bothered. And when you have to cobble a back out of leftovers it seems to take so much longer to put together than the front. What's up with that?
So here is my ambitious list for February which includes the things I didn't finish in January(insert eye rolling here)
- Finish Superheros quilt (pictured here laying on my sewing room floor with the dogs thinking that's an open invitation to sleep on it)
- Make Superheros quilt top for Little P (who saw the original Superheroes quilt top and asked excitedly if it was for him and since it isn't, I feel compelled to make him one too- nothing like doing two almost identical quilts back to back )
- Finish that last damn hexie!
- 15 more blocks for the recycled shirt quilt (shirts pictured here living on the computer room floor )
- Baste and quilt Briar Rose quilt
- Finish re-upholstering Miss P's outdoor chairs. I get to break out the staple gun so that should be motivation enough to get those done (pictured here stuffed into a wardrobe because I couldn't stand looking at them anymore )
- Buy fabric for lounge chair re-do. Its only been sitting there waiting to be done since January 2012. I know what I want - its just a matter of getting on line and finding it. Larri , if you're reading maybe we could do this as a March challenge together since I happen to know you have a chair re- do that has to be done too. We can share the misery.
- Pick the paper out of half the paper pieced hexie flowers ...ugh..so not looking forward to that.Does anyone wanna come over and do it for me/with me? I can provide a comfy bed and large amounts of hard liquor as compensation if that will swing the deal....