I finally brushed the cobwebs off my sewing machine this past weekend. It had been so long since I'd touched it that I was afraid I'd forgotten how it worked.
I have been promising to sew the wings onto this fairy costume for about 6 weeks . It took all of three minutes and I did it this weekend.
Flurry finally got finished. Another WIP bites the dust! And I have yet to make a Christmas type quilt that I adore. Maybe it's time to give up?
I'm 6 hexies away from having enough to finally assemble this into a quilt top, so I went virtual shopping on Sunday and bought some fabric for the blocks these are going to be appliquéd onto. Yes - I'm taking the easy way out. If I have to do a bajillion more hexies by hand around all of these I'm going to tear my hair out. A couple of other things not related to this project may have slipped into my cart at the same time. That seems to happen to me a lot.
We acquired a smaller kennel recently (for free which is always my favourite kind of acquisition!) that I thought would be a great replacement for the manky cat baskets we had out the back and so I cut a chair cushion in half and sewed it shut and voila! instant cat cushion. I love projects that take 10 minutes. Too bad the cats don't really like their new home...Mordecai in particular has been looking at me with voodoo eyes ever since his cat basket disappeared.
And I worked on my Briar Rose quilt. I started this one in August at a sewing workshop and I'm hoping to get the top finished by the end of the month. I'm a lot further on than this picture shows, so the goal of a finished quilt top is actually looking like a serious reality. It's actually prettier in person than my crap photography would have you believe.
I haven't shown my Farmers Wife quilt progress for ages and that's basically because there hasn't been any progress. It's been sitting in it's plastic tub mocking me. I'm calling it . The blocks are about to make the coolest pot holders ever. Stay tuned to be amazed.