So I've been working on my secret project for about a week now and it would be completely finished if it wasn't for one minor detail ...
Meet my re-useable menu board. I loved this idea because it cuts down on writing my weekly menu on paper. I saw this somewhere when I was trolling round in Blogland and naturally can't recall where- dear person who had the original idea - I'm sorry I can't give you proper credit. Anyway, it's cute and adds a pop of colour to my kitchen, and nobody else I know has one. There's just one small problem.
I added 8 magnets to the back thinking that would be enough to hold it to the fridge. Nup- slid straight off ...so I figured 16 magnets would do the trick . Twice as much is always better. Apparently not in this case - I'm pretty sure that those extra magnets added dead weight and yet again the menu board slid down the fridge. Now I'm stuck with a non magnetic menu board that has 16 useless magnets stuck to it with Tarzan's Grip that I have no idea how I'm going to get off...
In desperation I contacted the magnet shop dude ( or it could be a dudette for all I know) to ask them exactly what kind of magnets I should use because the ones I bought from the craft store kind of stink. So if you could all just pretend this is on the side of my fridge looking pretty that would be great - thanks. I'm rating this project 10/10- and my execution of the project at about a 5.
Oh and I made one for Miss P too. Hers wont stick to my fridge either...
In other craftiness this week, I finished piecing Little P's Alphabet quilt.
Ta Da! The Front
And I did the back too. Goal achieved.
I took the bull by the horns and started putting the Snowball quilt top together. This is number 3 of my PhD projects from 2010. I'm half done and I like the way it's turning out. Miraculously some of my seams are matching up . As usual some are not. I am beyond thinking about perfection and am only focusing on a finish.
It wouldn't be Sunday without a Dresden update. 3 more done except for the applique which I'm hoping to get done before bedtime tonight.
4 left to do. I will confess I'm starting to get a bit tired of Dresden's.
I must admit since I've been doing No Fabric February my mail has been a little dull this month. This was rectified by the arrival of exciting mail this week. I recently won a giveaway over at Taradiddle and Malarkey. My book arrived this week and it was wrapped in these cute fabrics. Thanks Ms. Taradiddle. I can see these adding some zing to a spiderweb or other scrappy quilt sometime this year. Thanks for thinking of me in my month of fabric-less-ness. I pretty much rolled around on top of the fabrics for a full 10 minutes after I ripped the package open. Mr.P said it was sad to see a grown woman acting that way .
Oh and I dropped by the op shop this week and this was calling my name. If my kitchen dresser ever gets finished this will look fantastic as a display piece. The little things often make me happy.It's going to be a busy week at Maison Pyjamas. Miss. P finally exits the teen years Wednesday, it's the end of Frugal Grocery February tomorrow, Autumn starts Tuesday ( I can hear my Northern Hemipshere friends perk up in anticipation of us Southerners returning the sun ) and I am going to try and squeeze 5 working days into three and half days. Should be fun!
Goals for this week:Decide which project I'm going to start next while I contemplate my navel fluff
Finish the remaining Dresden blocks -then shove them in a box for a while
Put the rest of the snowball quilt top together
Order new magnets !